Monday, September 29, 2014

Hot Cinna-Apple Cider

Happy Monday all! It might be rainy and dreary out, but I've got a recipe to change that up! All week long, I will be sharing recipes that have been inspired by our most recent apple picking adventure. We brought home so many apples and something had to be done with them; so we baked, cooked, and canned. Now we have a handful of new recipes to share. I hope you love apples! 

It wouldn't be fall without cider. In fact it's one of my favorite parts about this cozy season, and I can't get enough of the hot apple aroma rising from my cup and the hint of cinnamon dancing on my taste buds. Husband and I have been buying gallons upon gallons of apple cider every fall for three years now and I don't see signs of it stopping. It's kind of a Hill tradition, to keep cider in the fridge all season long. 

When we aren't heating up a mug of it at home, I'm grabbing a caramel apple spice from Starbucks. It's the best treat, but an expensive one. So at the first signs of fall, or rather when the grocery stores started lining their shelves with cider, I decided to take a go at making a hot cider similar to the Starbucks version. It turned out just like I had hoped and you can find me making this fall treat at least a couple times a week. 

  • What You'll Need
    • 2 cups apple cider
    • 4 pumps Starbucks caramel syrup (or another caramel syrup for drinks)
    • 1/4 TSP cinnamon
    • 1/4 TSP pumpkin pie spice
    • Whip Cream (for topping)

  • What You'll Do
    • Combine the first four ingredients in a microwave safe glass. I use a Pyrex measuring cup for easing transfer into a cup. 
    • Heat in the microwave for about two minutes, more if needed to reach desired temperature.
    • Add whip cream to the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice if you like!
**This recipe makes 16 oz., enough for a travel mug, or about half of a mug for two people.** If you have more time to make this hot cinna-apple cider, you could heat it on stove top on low to medium until it starts to boil. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...