Friday, September 12, 2014

Lavender Lemonade





This is the perfect way to end my summer-wrap up recipes. I'm pretty sure I won't be adding cinnamon or pumpkin spice to lemonade any time soon, or ever for a matter of fact. This was a summer go-to drink for the Hills and it will be come the warmer months next year. We're retiring it for the fall and winter though. Lemonade will likely only make an appearance in our home when husband is adding it to his sweet tea.

The reason behind this recipe is because of my love for fresh juice. It's a winner through and through. I decided that homemade lemonade was a must try for my spring/summer drinks this year. Not just any lemonade though, I wanted to make lavender lemonade. I did some research to find out what type of lavender to use (of the culinary kind) and where exactly I could find it. Once my lavender came in, yes I had to order it, I set my sights on figuring out a recipe. Husband (my amazing kitchen partner) and I played around with our ingredients until we got just the taste we desired. Now it's your turn to try it out! Give a cheers to the end of the summer with this lavender lemonade in your hand!



  • What You'll Need
    • Lavender Simple Syrup
      • 2 cups water
      • 1 cup granulated sugar
      • 4 TBSP culinary lavender
      • 1/4 cup honey
    • Lemon Juice
      • 2 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 7 lemons)
      • 4 cups water

  • What You'll Do
    • Lavender Simple Syrup
      • Bring water and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat, then add the honey and culinary lavender. Cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to seep for 15-20 minutes.
    • Lemon Juice
      • While simple syrup is seeping, squeeze the fresh lemons. Once you have the needed amount, strain the juice into a pitcher. Discard the seeds and pulp left in the tiny-hole colander. 
    • Lavender Lemonade
      • Strain the fully seeped lavender simple syrup into a bowl. Once all the liquid has passed through the colander, use a spoon or plastic spatula to press against the lavender buds to release any extra liquid or honey. Discard the lavender buds.
      • Add the lavender simple syrup to the fresh squeezed lemon juice in the pitcher. Stir well. Begin adding the remaining cups of water. I recommend 4 cups, but you may add more or less to reach your desired taste. 
      • Serve on ice immediately or put in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Cut some lemon slices for a decorative touch to your glass or for that extra lemony taste in your glass of lavender lemonade. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...