Monday, October 13, 2014

Cream Cheese & Sage Sausage Dip

It's football season, no doubt. And in my house, when we watch football we also snack. It just seems fitting and appropriate, like a mini tailgate in our living room. So this week, for all you football watchers out there, or just those who love to snack, I'm sharing tailgating-inspired recipes. These would also make great options if you're going to a friend's house and want to bring a dish. Plus they're all basic and don't' involve a whole lot of work. That's my kind of food, what about you?

Today I'm sharing a fairly popular recipe, but one that tastes so great, it needs to be shared. I was first introduced to this cream cheese and sage sausage dip during Christmas a few years ago when my cousin, Jessica, whipped some up for pre-dinner snacking. I had forgotten about this dip until a month ago when my friend, Emily, brought it to a football-themed movie night. It's definitely a go-back-for-seconds-and-thirds-kind-of-dip. Plus, it's super simple to make.

So I'm kicking off this Tailgating Themed Week of recipes with a simple and delicious dip that will be sure to win over anyone who takes a bite. 


  • What You'll Need
    • 1 lb. Jimmy Dean sage sausage
    • 1 can mild Rotel
    • 2 blocks of cream cheese

  • What You'll Do
    • Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Drain the grease.
    • Then add the sausage to the crock-pot along with the other ingredients.
    • Cook on high for one hour, then turn to low and serve with tortilla chips. 

**If you are serving this to a large group, double the recipe, using one can of mild Rotel and one can of spicy Rotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...