Friday, October 24, 2014

Three-Flavored Baked Pumpkin Seeds

Husband and I have a million and one pumpkins to carve because of my pumpkin frenzy. Okay, more like 6, but that's more pumpkins than I've ever had to carve. And I kind of love it. I also love that we have SO many seeds coming from those pumpkins. Around our house, we like to bake our seeds with different seasonings, trying out new flavors.

So last night I hit the kitchen with our seeds from just one pumpkin. And I opted to make three different flavors: salted, cinnamon sugar, and garlic chili. This recipe is going to be a little different for two reasons. First because there are technically three recipes here instead of the usual one. And secondly because I don't have measurements for these, I went solely on how I thought it would taste and added the seasonings freely. Don't let that deter you though; this is SO easy! 

  • What You'll Need
    • Fresh pumpkin seeds
    • Butter (for this amount of seeds out of a medium pumpkin, I needed a tablespoon worth)
    • Salt
    • Sugar
    • Cinnamon
    • Garlic Salt
    • Chili Powder
    • Cumin

  • What You'll Do
    • In a bowl, melt the better. Then toss all of the seeds into the melted butter. Stir, coating all of the seeds well. 
    • Then divide the seeds up into three bowls. 
    • In the first bowl just salt to taste. Mix well.
    • In the second bowl add cinnamon and sugar (more sugar than cinnamon). Mix well.
    • In the third bowl add garlic salt, chili powder, a light sprinkling of cumin, and a bit of salt. Mix well.
    • On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet lay out the flavored seeds in rows. Making sure the seeds don't lay on top of each other. 
    • Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until the seeds become crispy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...