Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Crock-Pot Beans

Let the tailgating recipes continue with a childhood favorite of mine! I was first introduced to crock-pot beans in my pre-teens; it's one of my grandmother's recipes, and she would make it once a year, for New Year's Eve. I loved this dish so much, that once a year simply wasn't enough. So I asked her for the recipe so I could make it anytime I wanted. Today, this recipe is one I love to make for a gathering, and that includes tailgates. It's a sweeter version of chili and I go back for seconds every single time. 

I LOVE this dish and make it the entire year, whenever I've got a craving for a hot bowl of these beans. Give them a try for your next get-together; you'll love them and so will everyone else! 

  • What You'll Need
    • 1 lb hamburger
    • 1/2 a medium onion, diced
    • 6 pieces of bacon
    • 1 can baked beans (Pork & Beans brand)
    • 1 can northern beans
    • 1 can pinto beans
    • 1 cup ketchup
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • 2 TBSP mustard

  • What You'll Do
    • Brown hamburger and onions. Drain grease.
    • Combine the beans, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in the crock-pot. 
    • Fry bacon in a skillet, soak up grease, crumble then add to the bean mixture.
    • Add the hamburger/onion mixture and stir well.
    • Simmer in the crock-pot on low for 3 hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...