Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fruit Filled Jack 'O Lantern Oranges

I think these jack 'o lantern oranges are the cutest things ever! This type of Halloween-inspired treat makes me super excited for littles during the holiday season! Husband agrees with me. While this isn't so much a recipe as it is an idea, I couldn't not share. I think these would be great at a Halloween party filled with fruit or a dip and they would certainly be super festive and fun for children. 

I will be using this concept on orange peppers, cutting off the top, hollowing them out, then 'carving' a jack 'o lantern face into one of its sides for my Halloween party tomorrow. I will be filling mine with a spinach dip (I'll be sharing the recipe) instead of fruit. Any circular fruit or vegetable could have this type of treatment done to it, and the filling ideas are endless! 

  • What You'll Need
    • Naval oranges (as many as you like)
    • Fruit for filling

  • What You'll Do
    • Cut off the very top of the orange.
    • With a knife, go along the very inside of the orange. 
    • Scoop out the fruit part of the orange (I used a grapefruit spoon for this part.) 
    • Next carve out a jack 'o lantern face.
    • Fill with fruit.




For more Halloween food ideas and recipes, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...